2020 has been a long, hard year and we sure have missed our Ragnarians! In preparation for our 2021 races we have put a lot of time, resources, and research into ensuring we continue providing safe and healthy events for our participants, volunteers, staff, and host communities. Headed by our safety director, Sean, we have created a comprehensive COVID-19 Preparedness Plan. Our number one goal is to mitigate the potential transmission of COVID-19. Below are the highlights.
Due to the ever changing nature surrounding COVID-19, all the protocols listed in this plan are subject to change at any time. We will do all that is within our power to comply with all state, local, and county regulations and public health notices to establish a safe event for everyone involved.
Pre-Race and Check-In
- One week before each race, runners will be required to fill out a medical form committing that they don’t have COVID-19 symptoms and have not been exposed within the last 7 days.
- All of the pre-race and check-in procedure have been modified according to CDC safety guidelines. Your race directors will inform you of race specific details in the weeks leading up to your event. These procedures will promote social distancing and prevent crowding at the start line.
- Upon arrival at check-in runners, staff, and volunteers will be required to wear face masks.
- Ragnar will continue to promptly and frequently communicate pertinent details before the race.
- The Start, Finish and Exchange Venues are designed to provide everyone with ample room to observe social distancing.
- Any lines will be demarcated with physical markings on the ground to designate the proper social distancing requirement.
- Start waves of teams will be reduced in size to prevent crowding. Active runners are required to social distance at the start-line as well as continue wearing face masks until they start running.
- Ragnar staff will be positioned throughout the course to help runners and enforce all Ragnar Safety Protocols.
PPE and Hygiene
- Active runners will be required to carry a face mask with them at all times. In the event of encountering areas where social distancing is not possible either from other participants and/or local foot traffic you must put on your mask.
- Participants will be required to bring all their own Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and hand sanitizer or sanitizing wipes.
- Water Stations will be modified to ensure they remain safe and sterile.
- High traffic areas and touch points will be wiped down regularly.
- If any participant, staff member, volunteer, or other required personnel becomes ill with known symptoms of COVID-19 during the race, they will be required to immediately alert a Ragnar Staff member.
- They will then be required to self-quarantine in the designated location and receive further instructions.
In the Event of a Canceled Race...
- In the sad event that we would need to cancel a specific race in 2021, for safety reasons or otherwise, we will notify you via email as soon as possible. If the event is canceled due to COVID-19, your captain will receive a code with deferral instructions to roll your registration to a later event. You may choose to run an event later in 2021, or choose to defer to 2022.
2021 Transfer Policy
- Unsure about the future? We get it! If you sign up now to get the best price, but decide in a few months that your team wants to wait until 2022 to participate in an in-person event, we’ve got you covered! We are pleased to say that we are waiving transfer fees in 2021. Simply send an email firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE registration closes for your event (the last day to register for each event can be found on the race specific registration page) and let us know you would like to transfer. We’ll take care of the rest!